Wednesday, 13 June 2012

Playing with Inks

Hi Everyone

I've been playing with Distress Inks and having a wonderful time getting really inky hands. More ink on my hands than on the card!! I will never stop being surprised at the great results you can get from just playing with different colour inks on plain white or cream card. I also tried putting the inked cards through the Big Shot with different embossing folders and also tried some heat embossing. This card is for my niece's birthday next week, and I am really pleased with it. ( I hope she is too!)


The background started life as a Very Vanilla piece of card, which I inked with a couple of different colours of Distress Inks. I then put it through the Big Shot with a swirly embossing folder.  I wanted the swirls debossed so that I could then go round the swirls with an embossing pen and embossed with gold powder. . I used a Framelits die to cut out the large label, which I again inked with Distress Inks. I stamped on it with the script stamp from the Charming stamp set and also stamped and gold embossed the swirl from Everything Eleanor ( love this set!). I stamped the label from Everything Eleanor onto black card using Versamark, then brushed over some Perfect Pearls. I also stamped and gold embossed the swirl again. The sentiment is from Sincere Salutations. The finishing touch was a little paper flower with one of the beautiful Antique brads in the centre.

1 comment:

  1. WOW Lesley, a lot of work gone into this card, its amazing. linda x

    ReplyDelete